Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Fitness Challenge Follow-Up

Back in December, I commented on my pathetic state of fitness, and mentioned that I'd joined a fitness challenge at the gym that my wife and I attended.

Well, the first six weeks have passed, and so it was time for a mid-point weigh-in and body fat test. On the weight side, I managed to drop just under two pounds, and now I'm just a bit above 170. The more remarkable - and somewhat unbelievable - transformation was on the body fat measurement, where I managed to drop from 31.4% to 19.7%. If both of those numbers are accurate, that represents a loss of approximately 21 lbs of fat, and a gain of 19 lbs of muscle. As I said, I'm not sure that's plausible, and I'd have a lot more faith in the results if I had, say, weekly data showing a trend of this magnitude. But I don't, and so I'm just looking forward to the last weigh-in in another six weeks to see if I can maintain the same progress.

My dinner after tonight's workout, you ask? A real gutbomb - a can of tuna mixed with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese, and two scoops of soy protein in twenty ounces of water (I ran out of reasonably fresh skim milk). That's a bit over 60 grams of protein, which hopefully my digestive system puts to good use.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?